menu

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Tomcat error when deploying web app : addFilter, addServlet NoSuchMethodException

Hey peeps,

Just a quick update on something i found today. I was hacking things with a tomcat server (wso2 IS). My need was to duplicate a webapp and make some changes as I like. But when I changed those 'stuff' in the webapp source I had to specifically mention some dependency versions (build tool was maven) rather than obtaining them from the parent pom.

And when I generated the war and deployed it in the server I got the following error



Solution

It turns out that the reason for this error has nothing to do with the actual content of the web.xml
But a dependency mismatch
That is some libraries in your WEB-INF\lib directory of the war file is conflicting with some libraries already loaded. So the fix was for me to delete the lib directory completely and deploy which worked!

But according to some stackoverflow answers, deleting just tomcat-catalina.jar and/or all tomcat-*.jars will fix it

Happy Deploying! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment